Humans have an innate desire to be connected with nature, which scientists call ‘biophilia’, so there is no doubt that greener offices promote happier and more productive workplaces.
When indoor plants are cared for and nurtured, they are highly beneficial to our health and wellbeing. They contribute to a healthier indoor working environment by providing cleaner air, reducing stress levels, and increased productivity and job satisfaction.
Studies have shown that simply adding some greenery in the form of indoor plants can have major positive benefits for employees and their organisations. The same goes for remote or home workers, too.
Here are seven reasons why you should invest in some plants for your own desk, or your wider workplace.
1. They help to reduce stress
2. They help to increase productivity
3. They help to reduce sickness and absence rates
4. They complement the interior design and make workspaces more attractive to job applicants
5. They clean the air
6. They help to reduce noise levels
7. They can help boost creativity
Check out this useful guide from The Little Botanical as to what the best plants are for your workplace: https://thelittlebotanical.com/guide-to-the-best-office-plants/
Armed with pickers and bags, a team from Nottingham Business Improvement District (BID), the city...