Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) are employee benefit programmes offered by employers. EAP are intended to help employees deal with personal problems that might adversely impact their work performance, health and well-being. EAP generally include assessment, short-term counselling and referral services for employees and their immediate family.
In the current climate we find ourselves in, employees may be facing difficulties, particularly around mental health and isolation, or financial worries. Nottingham BID are offering businesses access to the retailTRUST's EAP.
The programme is a great way to help well-being and morale among teams, and also to provide additional support for HR teams and managers.
If a business signs up, the programme will cover all of their employees based at that branch / location.
Please note that this is only available to Nottingham BID levy payers.
Access to the range of support will provide members of Nottingham BID a comprehensive employee wellbeing service which is able to respond to issues relating to mental and physical health as they arise via the helpline, online or though the dedicated critical incident elements.
- 24/7 helpline - Our free and confidential helpline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week if your employees are in need of assistance.
- Up to 6 sessions of telephone or F2F counselling, Counselling provides a confidential space for people to talk through and manage their feelings. Our short-term model of structured counselling includes up to six sessions, per issue, per year. We offer both face-to-face and telephone support.
- Cognitive Behavioural Counselling (CBT) – CBT helps people reframe their responses to whatever challenge they may be facing and assist them in developing individualised coping strategies to manage their welling ongoing. CBT is delivered by a qualified practitioner across a number of telephone sessions and is equivalent to “Step 2” NHS support.
- Legal advice - We work with qualified legal specialists to offer confidential guidance to your employees. We can help with a wide range of situations and concerns, from understanding tenancy rights to guiding individuals through the legal considerations of a marriage breakdown. Please note that avoid a conflict of interest we are unable to offer guidance on any matter relating to employment law.
- Financial advice - We offer free and confidential debt support, to support your employees in times of need. As well as our free and confidential helpline, individuals can apply for grants and access support.
- Plus financial support by way of our grants system (only 3 months employment required to qualify) - We offer non-repayable grants to support individuals with emotional, physical, vocational and financial concerns.
- Critical Incident Support – A work-related critical incident can be any situation in which someone experiences a threat to their own life or physical safety, or has been affected by the death or injury of another as a result of a traumatic event such as an accident, suicide or crime. We are here to support you and your colleagues. Our service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Deliverables / Reporting:
Key elements provided include:
- Marketing Materials – A wealth of marketing collateral including both printed and digital materials would be made available to Nottingham BID members to support with employee engagement across stores, central support functions as well as warehousing and distribution operations.
- Dedicated Relationship Manager – we understand the ever-changing retail environment and its impact on employees, throughout the engagement period a dedicated relationship manager will be available for matters relating to engagement events, statistical data, contract queries and much more.
- Agreed SLA – Ensuring that all employees of Nottingham BIDs members receive the highest levels of support when they need it, ensuring confidence in the service to increase ongoing engagement with employees.