We are seeking a confident and proactive person to join our Street Ambassador team. The right candidate will be outgoing and committed to improving the city centre experience in Nottingham.
Job title: Street Ambassador
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £17,500.00-£19,000.00 per year
Responsible to: Street Ambassador Supervisor
Working hours: 40 hours a week. Some weekend work will be required to support with events and activities.
Location: Nottingham city centre
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS check prior to starting the role.
In April 2021 the Nottingham BID entered a new five year term after 92% of eligible businesses voted in favour of a new term. Work quickly commenced on delivering the goals set out in the new business plan - focussing on four key strategic areas that have already seen great success in recent years - those being Promoted City, Managed City, Working City and Independent City.
Meaning people and businesses of Nottingham can look forward to more great events that Nottingham BID organise and help fund, including the hugely successful Nottingham Ale Trails, Halloween, Christmas and Light Night.
Our team of Street Ambassadors are the backbone of Nottingham BID and are the friendly faces who levy payers see and engage with on a regular basis. The team build relationships with businesses and let them know all about the opportunities and services the BID has to offer.
This is a unique role and candidates should demonstrate how they are suitable for the role and meet the elements within the personal specification in their covering letter.
STREET AMBASSADOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Liaison with businesses, to promote BID activity and encourage business to engage in BID promotions and events handling customer enquiries as they arise or referring these on to the
• Presenting a warm welcome and a pleasant view of the city centre to visitors, whilst maintaining a publicly positive tone about the city and the BID.
• Keep up to date with and provide visitors with accurate information about the city centre in general and about the retail, leisure, and cultural offer.
• Accurately reflecting Nottingham BID's values and service and to be aware of the BIDs activities and special events.
• Carrying out specific liaison duties as required by Nottingham BID project team or its partners as requested by Nottingham BID management.
• Reporting relevant information for action to the appropriate authority e.g. Health and safety issues, graffiti, failed street lights, 'sharps' etc
• Strict attention to personal responsibilities in the areas of risk management, health and safety, and welfare, both in terms of self and others.
• Maintaining methodical and accurate records of required information. This may be electronic or written.
• Recording all interactions on handheld device, to enable the BID to demonstrate ‘added value’ to levy payers, whilst providing a transparent reporting history and trends.
• Making the office team aware of any relevant information relating to BID businesses and potential Affiliates/Friends of Nottingham BID.
• Promoting responsible citizenship in respect of litter, graffiti, and related issues.
• Contributing to the provision of an extensive and daily presence around the BID area in all weathers to maximise contact with businesses. This presence should aide impromptu communication with businesses and members of the public.
• Assisting in the reduction of business crime, thus improving the perception of the city centre as a safe place to be.
• Maintaining and growing the relationships with levy payers and other city centre businesses.
• Use of appropriate tools and equipment, including security radios and tablets/phones.
• Attending training courses (at organisation's expense) as and when required by Nottingham BID to achieve a satisfactory level of
• Distributing literature on behalf of the BID as required.
• Other varied jobs and activities throughout the year according to our calendar of campaigns and events.
• Adherence to the BID's training procedures and protocols at all times, subject to level of attainment.
• Adherence to the uniform policy and adherence to the company's general dress code.
• To be completely free from discrimination in all guises
Note: The above list is not in order of priority, and other tasks commensurate with the grade of the post may be required of the post‐holder.
BENEFITS OF BEING A NOTTINGHAM BID STREET AMBASSADOR:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Regular and set hours available
• Training and support provided
• Ownership and management of own workload
• A warm and friendly attitude
• Enjoy working with a wide variety of people
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• ‘Can Do’ attitude and willingness to get stuck in from day one
• Ability to manage own workload to deadlines
• Fit and healthy individual who is seeking a role with lots of activity – this is not a desk job and involves a lot of walking!
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit your CV with a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience make you suited to the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 17 September 2021
Nottingham BID has teamed up with local tourist attraction Nottingham Castle to help boost the business of several local independent businesses by providing them with the opportunity to showcase their...
Following the success of the last It’s in Nottingham’s Halloween event in 2019, which saw over 1,000 families travel into the city centre to take part in the family friendly activity, Nottingham...
The Nottingham Project has announced a first of its kind street art project in the city to celebrate Nottingham’s ‘rebels and pioneers’. The project has been backed by Nottingham City Council,...